Friday, April 17, 2009

Growing Up

One of my daughters had her first babysitting job tonight. The other has her first gig tomorrow. I lay awake last night wondering if I'd given them all the tools they need to handle the situations that will come up. Probably not. How am I possibly going to cram all the experience, wisdom and knowledge into them with the little time I have left? What if they're missing some huge piece of the puzzle? What if I forgot to tell them how to dial 9-1-1 or to wash behind their ears? What if they can't discern who to trust and who to avoid? 

What if? What if? Growing up is hard, but letting someone else grow up may be even harder.

3 comments:

Linda Judd said...

Your last sentence certainly did say it right! It's one of the hardest things in life for a good mama.

Shelli said...

Boy, you hit the nail on the head! It is so hard to 'know' if, but a wise 'old' friend has told me we have to trust in Him!
Besides we are only a phone call away, right?

Papa John said...

Let 'em flege, Mama.

They're not ready to be out on thei own yet, but they are gaining some important skills from parents.

They are more ready than you think!