Thursday, July 08, 2010

Dog Days of Summer



Well, we finally joined the nationwide heatwave, just in time for Alaskan relatives to come melt in the 100 degree heat predicted for tomorrow.

Not that you'll hear me complaining.

One of my best strategies to beat the heat (since we have no AC) is to move as little as possible. Our family dog has this down to an art form.
Another strategy is to keep the freezer filled with juice pops, the water bottles filled with cold water, and all the curtains closed.

How are you keeping cool this week?

3 comments:

Papa John said...

Thursday, 4:00 PM. We just arrived back home from Jantzen Beach, and on the way from Hwy 14 via Mill Plain I watched the temperature monitor in the van go from 96 to 98 to 99 and within a mile of home finally indicated 100 degrees. There is still a couple of hours in which it could peak another degree or two higher, but I think we are at the top of the current heat wave right now. I'm tempter to join Tabby and Eli in the wading pool. Would that be too inappropriate?

Patty said...

I say do what works for you. We've been inside in the dark since noon and have avoided looking at all thermometers. I'm thinking about going out to stand in direct sunlight, though, to see if it will melt away my congestion.

Angel said...

I soaked it in! I actually stopped glowing white...