Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Season of Thanks, Day 10

I've got itchy feet. Not the kind that anti-fungal powder can fix, but the kind that only a stamp in the passport can remedy. And even that is only temporary. In my dream life, I think I would be traveling about 90% of the time. I would come home for a bit of quiet, a cup of tea and to do some laundry, and then I'd be off again.

As much as I wish I could travel more, today I am thankful for the places I've been, for how the world has stretched me beyond who I would be if I just stayed home. Today I am thankful for the memories I have made in...
Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, New Mexico, Arkansas, Missouri, and all the other states I have been to...
Canada...
the Caribbean...
France (oh, especially France)...
Togo...
South Africa, Kenya, Uganda, Benin, Burkina Faso, Rwanda, and Ghana...
Venezuela and Brazil...
and all those other places I've passed through.

Where to next? Japan? New Zealand?

Let's go!

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up in the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

Psalm 139:7-10

No comments: