Monday, November 11, 2013

A Season of Thanks, Day 11

Today I am thankful for the wounded warriors. This time I am talking about the men and women who stand up for our freedoms so we can enjoy them. I'm thinking of those who are apart from their families today because they are stationed far away. I'm thinking of those who fought for our freedom in the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, the "War to End All Wars," and the dozen wars after that one.

Today I am thankful for my uncle who stand with his Patriot Rider brothers to protect the families of fallen soldiers in their time of grief. I am thankful for my brother-in-law who has given 18 years of his life so far to serve our country. I am thankful for the officers and firemen and search and rescue workers who risk their own lives for the sake of others...all in a day's work.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Psalm 46:1

No comments: