Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Season of Thanks, Day 13

Today I am going to be thankful for home. My own people, my own bed, my own pillow, and all the familiar sights, sounds and smells of home. I have been away for nearly a week and I'm ready to be back in the fold of family.

I am thankful that my 6th grader still loves to come home and tell me everything about her day. I've missed 4 days of school, so I'm sure to get an ear full.

I am thankful that my husband has kept the house running while I've been gone. I'm thankful that he'll be happy I am home.

I am thankful the little dog will remember me and forgive me for leaving her here as soon as she sees me.

I am thankful to be coming back in to cell phone range. The quiet is nice, but it's always good to catch up with what's been going on.

But you, mountains of Israel, will produce branches and fruit for my people Israel, for they will soon come home.

Ezekiel 36:8

No comments: