Friday, February 24, 2006

and the verdict is...

I taught the backwards poetry class last week and the hands-down winner was poem #2 (the confusing one where the first letters of words were all mixed up). Here's the poem my class wrote together.

Once upon a pily lad
A tog said to a froad,
"I flear the hies are natching how
So let's hop nown the doad."

Today was limerick day and Bethany wrote this beauty:

There once was a girl named B. Slack
Who was constantly itching her back.
Then suddenly BOOM!
She was out of the room
And she carried her house in a sack.

Okay, so it doesn't make a lot of sense, but she wrote it herself and I think she did a brilliant job on rhythm and rhyme. Kudos to Bethany.

2 comments:

Papa John said...

Bethany,
Your Granddpa is might proud of your limerick. Great Job.

There once was a baby so tiny,
An eggshell would hold her whole hinie;
I saw her! My heartdid soar!
I knew that I loved her more...
Than all of the tea-bags from Chin-ee!

Jenna Bunner said...

Papa John, you made me laugh.
Patty, I wanted you to know I brought up your blog on the computer at work to share your poems with my coworkers. One girl, who admits to being a bit brain frozen from past years of partying, didn't get it, but the others enjoyed them.
I enjoyed Bethany's, too!