Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Sunshine!

... wettest January in 30 years...
... double the normal amount of precipitation...
... flooding, landslides...
... high winds...
... nearly ten inches of rain...
... swelling rivers...
... rain for 44 of the last 45 days...

Let me just say that this has been a soggy winter. Rain, showers, more rain, more showers. Even the natives were getting restless. Their webbed toes were starting to mildew. It has been dark and gloomy for more than two months.

And this week... the sun came out! Lo and behold, there are colors out there. I was starting to think everything is the world was gray. But yesterday I saw green and yellow and even a little pink. I know it's only the begining of February, but I might have to go outside and plot out a garden.

So to those of you who live in Botswana or Uganda or New Mexico, I'm sorry about the drought. But I'm going to enjoy the sunshine before it goes away.

No comments: