Monday, June 26, 2006

Disobedient Characters

I'm trying to get through the climax of a novel I'm writing and I'm getting fed up with my characters. They won't follow my lead.

Mike is supposed to be incensed about a betrayal, but he's more interested in eating donuts.

Mo should be running for her life, but she'd rather sit down and have another flashback.

Spencer is supposed to be slipping into a coma, but just refuses to get sick.

I meant for Zach to be a suspicious character with a shady past, but he's just too darn likeable.

And Allie, bless her heart, was supposed to be a main character, but she doesn't like the attention and she managed to hide in the background for most of the book. I've got to coax her out some how.

If only they would listen to me and stop taking on their own personalities, I might be able to finish this book.

Okay, guys, let's get back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patty-I can't WAIT to meet all these interesting rebels! -Sara