Friday, June 23, 2006

An Invitation to Visit Gary


When I think of the most giving, the most selfless and humble people I know, Gary Hooten is definitely near the top of the list. He's one of the first people we met when we moved back to the States... and he's a mechanic. After meeting him, I decided we need to make friends with a mechanic wherever we live. If I had to count the number of times we went over for dinner and Gary and Edwin ended up under the hood of our car fixing something while Shelli and I were inside gabbing or stamping or scrapbooking, I think I'd start to feel a little guilty.

Partly in thanks for all the free and deeply discounted work Gary's done on our car, and partly just because he's the kind of guy who never asks for anything for himself, I offered to design and post a web page for him. As of last night, the "Work in Progress" sign is officially down and Gary's site is up and running.

Do me a favor. Check it out. And drop him a line of congratulations and encouragement if you'd like.

1 comment:

Papa John said...

Really nice site there, designer person. I enjoyed playing with Gary's buttons. The photos are a nifty touch and say a lot more than "I have hammers and wrenches!". Well balanced, and colorful.

(I suggested he fix his address.)