Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Mary Poppin's Purse

I went to the movies last night with ten other ladies. We saw The Lake House, which got a thumbs up from everyone, and we enjoyed giggling together and elbowing each other.

But I must say, the most entertainment I got was watching Sara and her movie experience.

I should have known she was an expert when I suggested the movie and she blurted out, "We have to go on Tuesday for free popcorn!" To be honest, she did warn me that she goes to the movies more for the theater food than for the show.

But I was still surprised when we sat down with our popcorn and she pulled out a stack of bowls and distributed popcorn to the gang. Next out of the bag was a stack of kitchen towels so we could wipe our fingers without ruining our clothes. Then came the salt shaker.

By the time she pulled an extra pair of socks out, I was laughing at her-- I mean, near her. I was waiting for her to reach in and pull out a remote control and a leather recliner, but I never got to see what else was in the bag because the previews started. She did pass M & Ms and Red Vines down later in the show but I didn't see if they came out of the bag.

Rituals are important, comforting, sometimes fun. And now I know they have the potential to be very entertaining.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously, I was sitting in the wrong row!

mom

Sandi said...

This made me laugh -- what a funny friend!