Tuesday, February 03, 2009

5 Things Tag

For once, I think I'm the last one to play!

5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago

1. Doing step aerobics at 6 a.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
2. Translating a children's Bible study book into French and Ewe.
3. Teaching "Wednesday School" to MKs.
4. Making tortillas, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole from scratch.
5. Growing bananas, mangoes, pineapples and coconuts in my garden.

5 Things On My To-Do List Today

1. Help the kids with their school work.
2. Buy stamps.
3. Teach a violin lesson.
4. Email the French homework to my class.
5. Take the gang swimming.

5 Snacks I Like

1. Red Vines.
2. Triscuits and Sun-dried tomato hummus (thanks, Sara!)
3. Biscotti with tea.
4. Greek Style yogurt (thanks, Lori!)
5. Popcorn with ranch dressing flavoring.

5 Things I Would Do If I Were A Millionaire

1. Travel!
2. Buy a little bit bigger house with a little bit bigger yard.
3. Invest.
4. Go back to school.
5. Give a lot away.

5 Places I Have Lived (For Various Lengths Of Time)

1. Albertville, France
2. Togo, West Africa
3. Juneau, Alaska
4. St. Louis, MO
5. Searcy, AR

5 Jobs I Have Had

1. Speech Therapist for Home Based and Migrant Head Start
2. Recreational Director for kids in Group Homes
3. Missionary
4. French Teacher
5. Fiction Review Editor for New Wineskins Magazine

5 People I Tag (to post a "5 Things . . . " on a blog or facebook or in my comments or just in casual conversation)

1. Sandi
2. Shelli
3. Lori
4. Angel
5. Jackie

1 comment:

Shelli said...

5 things I was doing 10 years ago:

1. Getting Hannah's baby/bedroom ready to welcome her
2. Thanking God for saying YES
3. Helping in Aaron's Kindergarten class every Tuesday
4. Being a soccer Mom
5. On cloud 9 getting ready for the new baby on her way

5 things on my to do list:
1. what to do list???

5 snacks I like:

1. Fuju persimonns (only Nov. & Dec.) bummer
2. string cheese or Tilly cheese
3. mangos (thanks Patty)
4. Chinese trail mix from Winco
5. M & M's

5 things I would do if I were a millionaire:

1. Retire my hubby, let him sail, sail, sail and then sail some more
2. Buy land to build our dream house on
3. Buy a new RV
4. Travel accross the US in my new RV with family
5. Travel
6. Help any and all of the people I can

5 places I have lived:

1. San Diego, CA
2. Whidbey Island, WA
3. Centralia, WA
4. Phylomith, OR
5. Port Townsend, WA
very uneventful I know...

5 jobs I have had:

1. Baby sitting from the age of 10 on...for all my parents friends
2. McDonalds in Centralia
3. Dept. of Ecology at age 16 & 17, picking up litter on Highways for a 30 day period. Was able to buy my 1st & 2nd cars way back then....
4. Apprentice Electrician in Seattle. Worked for DW Close in Seattle. Left the job when I met and married the man of my dreams.
5. Breda Transportation from Italy, I was the "Decal Gal" for 240 Metro Busses for the bus tunnel in 1990-91. I got to work with my husband. Fun job!