Thursday, February 12, 2009

Congestion

I've been trying to post a blog from my laptop all week, a nice blog about snowflakes and warmth and good friends and gratitude.

But, alas, I think my laptop must have caught my cold and is unable to process my requests.

I know how it feels. Thoughts and words get clogged up in the sinuses behind my eyes and come out as sneezes and sniffles and indistinguishable mutterings. I'm sure I've used the phrase "death warmed over" more than once today, but I couldn't tell you the context. Every few hours, one of my nostrils clears long enough for me to remember what breathing used to be like. But the moment passes.

I bought pizza for dinner tonight and announced that I'm done cooking until I'm over my cold. No one seemed too disappointed.

So, if you're looking for a happy blog about happiness and the hope of spring, stay tuned. I'll post it as soon as me and my computer get over our colds.

3 comments:

Linda Judd said...

Oh, Patty, I'm sorry to hear you are suffering with a cold. I'm similarly stuffed up, although I believe my sinus congestion was caused by allergies, not a cold. Take good care of yourself and get well soon.

David said...

Erma, Erma, Erma...
I laughed about the family's lack of dinner disappointment. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out a way to package brother's humidity in exchange for our desert dryness. Hope you get over the cold soon. (Today's headlines indicate a cure may be just around the corner.) Be thankful you and the computer don't have a virus.

Papa John said...

I'm really sorry you are still struggling to survive. I can testify that nothing nags worse than impacted sinuses. Constant blowing and snorting doesn't help. The results are bulging eardrums and terminal dry throat which no normal liquid can lube. I am commiserating, 'cause I know you have been feeling poorly. I hope you can get over your plague sooner than I am. Mainly, now, I want winter to be over. I need some sunshine to replace my need for boxes of tissues.