Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Permanently Deferred

I've been permanently deferred. Disqualified. Uninvited.

Ouch.

Several times a year, the kids and I take a little trip down to the local blood bank so I can donate blood. A small thing to do, really, to save a life.

Only now they don't want my blood. New regulations are coming down the pipeline to disqualify anyone who has previously had malaria from giving blood. Ever.

I'll miss donating, actually. And I'll miss the nice ladies who hand out cookies and who remember my kids from visit to visit. And I'll miss that cozy feeling I get from doing something nice. I guess I need to find something else nice to do.

Maybe I should buy some girl scout cookies. That would be nice.

Meanwhile, would you consider giving blood in my place? I'll come eat cookies with you.

No comments: