Tuesday, March 07, 2006

entropy

Ever noticed how you start something out all gung ho, but you lose steam along the way? According to Entropy S., that's the way things were designed. Entropy lives in my garaage. I haven't linked to his page before because I was afraid he wouldn't get far with his blog, but apparently there was enough excess energy in the universe for him to write a half dozen entries.

So, if you're wondering why your garage is a mess or about the thermodynamic properties of hamburgers and plywood, this blog might be just up your alley.

By the way, Entropy's blog was meant to be read in order, so scroll down to the first entry and read your way up the page.

3 comments:

Papa John said...

Read UP the page??? Oh No!!! What have I done?? Wait a minute.
That's counter-intuitive, and will rip a hole in the universe. Actually, I can get extract some energy from hamburgers if I enclose them in a proper retort, about belt high. Same thing with plywood inclosed in an appropriate wood stove. A little hot sause in one and a match in the other and Voila! Recycled energy!!

Now creating assending order in a garage?? Now there's a metaphysical mystery. In this case you only get more (order) by creating less (mess); Or is it less muss when there is more space?? And there is a component of time too. Spend time, reduce mass, get space. Destroy stuff, get heat and save time. There's a wheel in this wheel, I think.

Where's the advil?

Patty said...

I think your last question is a good one.

Jenna Bunner said...

I was wondering when you were going to link to his blog.

I've already shown it to a guy at work who is almost just like Edwin. He is a biblical languages student and teaches at Lipscomb (an RN on the side, thus obviously more extroverted). His humor is just like Edwin's, so I showed him "entropy in the garage" and he humored me with a pretty good laugh.

I'm not saying that God has replaced Edwin or anything, but it is neat to see how God provides what/who you need wherever you are (i.e. someone to make me laugh). Is there someone there to laugh at all of Edwin's jokes?