Thursday, September 14, 2006

More Bad News for Pluto

Poor Pluto.
As if it wasn't bad enough to be stripped of his planethood.
Now he's been assigned a number, like a common criminal.
I can just see him clinking his tin cup on the bars and crying out for justice.
The warden glares at him. "#134340-- quiet down!"
The unjustly punished former planet hangs his head and mutters, "The name is Pluto."

**Don't worry. This is not an ongoing topic. It's just that the strength of my own reaction to Pluto's demotion surprised me. Maybe it's because I was always the shortest kid in my class. Maybe it's because my 5th grade teacher got a kick out of singing "Short People Got No Reason To Live" whenever I was around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so we had Pluto at the bar, Pluto in the prison... and it somehow relates to your short-person-syndrome...I'd like to hear that psychoanalyed! ha.