Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Order out of Chaos

Bits of ideas churn in my head, disconnected thoughts until I get them down on paper and form them into an outline.

Dozens of Post-it notes piled on a table seem like a mess until we start to arrange them into the plot of a story or the pages of a website.

Children run wild, the house is a mess. Books and papers litter the floor. But as we settle down to start a new school year, a schedule emerges, the dishes are done, the folded laundry stacks grow taller than the dirty clothes pile.

As much as I love vacation, I'm always ready for the normalcy the routine of the school year brings. I wonder if it's a function of being created in the image of the God who took a handful of chaos, mixed it up with a bunch of nothing and created the order of the universe.

No comments: