Friday, January 26, 2007

Behind the Scenes

For those of you who lost track... this is my 200th post to this blog. Since December of '05, I've averaged a posting every 2 days.

That's a lot of nothing to say. I feel like I've delivered what I set out to do... scribblings, random thoughts, opinions on all sorts of subjects. This blog is my exercise, my mind-stretcher, my doodle pad.

I don't obsess about the counter, but I do check it from time to time to see where my readers hang out. I've had hits from Togo and Thailand, India and Indiana, Juneau and Johannesburg. And tonight, for the first time, I had someone stop in from Israel.

Israel... wouldn't you love to go there? Or Greece or even Patagonia? At least my thoughts get to visit. Sigh.

One benefit of blogging that I didn't expect is that it can help people know me better. I even had a faithful reader (and friend) call the other day to check on me since I hadn't posted an entry in 4 days.

Thanks for caring and thanks for sharing this little side road with me.

3 comments:

Papa John said...

Congratulations?

Papa John said...

Good for you! We enjoy your efforts.

Anonymous said...

Patti,
Congratulations on your 200th post! That's a lot of blogging! I have been reading your blog since the beginning of 2006. I enjoy your perspective and articles so much. My favorites include, War Memorial, the one about Edwin's birthday, and the one about technology in Togo. Keep writing!!! Blessings to you!