Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Eleventh Commandment

Growing up, I actually thought it was one of the original ten (but I also thought Juneau was on an island until I was twelve, so I wasn't always tuned in to reality).

NO READING AT THE TABLE

Followed closely, of course, by

FOUR ON THE FLOOR

and

DON'T STICK YOUR TONGUE TO THE MONKEY BARS WHEN IT'S COLD OUT!

My kids are growing up thinking the most important commandments are

NO WHISTLING IN THE HOUSE,

THE DRIVER CONTROLS THE RADIO,

and

USE A TISSUE!

I wonder what other tapes will play in their heads when they're older. What was the eleventh commandment at your house?

5 comments:

Kat said...

"Do as I say, not as I do"

I always swore I'd never use that one......& I did!

Kat said...

"Do as I say, not as I do"

I swore I'd never use that one.....& I did!

betty said...

"Pretty is as pretty does."

and

"No running in the house."

mom

Anonymous said...

"Don't smack!"
"Don't crunch ice at the table!"

Bless my children's heart...these are #11 and 12 in our house too!

David said...

Dad keeps the cash and Starbucks cards he finds in laundry pockets.