Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 3 - Prairie Duet

I got hooked on Christian fiction reading the prairie romances of Janette Oke and the sweet, simple stories of Grace Livingston Hill. Though the genre has grown to include thrillers and contemporary stories, literary fiction and mysteries, the backbone of the market belong to historical fiction.

Lauraine Snelling, with her Red River of the North Series, has put the town of Blessing on the map.

Literally.

Her North Dakota stories are so popular and have brought so many people to the area looking for the town of Blessing, that the town of Drayton's city council proclaimed it's town the official site of the settlement of Blessing.

A Promise for Ellie is the first book in the Daughters of Blessing series, the continuing story of the next generation in the Red River Valley.

Beverly Lewis has made a name for herself writing novels about the Pennsylvania Amish. Her books, based on real life events, tell the stories of simpler times. But not as simple as we like to think. The Parting is the first book in the Courtship of Nellie Fisher series. It tells the story of one young woman in a community at its breaking point.

Do you wish you had these books in your library? Leave a comment, they could be yours!

5 comments:

Greg Bailey said...

Don't want to sound greedy, but I'll put my name forth again. I love to read and am still waiting for Jan Karon or Francine Rivers to put out another book.

Like I said on Facebook, I love sports AND chick flicks (or books). Ha! Hug everyone for us.

Patty said...

Whatever floats your boat, "Greg" Don't feel greedy. I'll be happy if someone will enjoy them.

Linda Judd said...

Sure, Patty. They sound like good reading. I'll throw my name in the hat again :-)

Shelli said...

Patty, add my name. They sound like great reading!
Love ya bunches!
me

Anonymous said...

These are 2 of my favored authors. I have enjoyed many of their books. Jackie