Thursday, May 11, 2006

Tae Kwon Dodos, Attack!

Once a week, four of us dress us like marshmallows and head off for taekwondo class. Actually, I'm the only one who looks like a marshmallow. The others look like lean, mean kicking machines... or baptismal candidates.

Taekwondo was Edwin's idea. He wanted to get some exercise. The class was free, the kids wanted to join, and I hate to be left out of anything. So we went.

I never in my life imagined myself doing martial arts. Never. Never thought I would enjoy it. I hate violence. But TKD is not about violence. It's about discipline. I've learned a lot of lessons at TKD, and not just about punches and kicks. I'll probably share some of these lessons along the way. But the one I wanted to share today is

Aging dogs can learn new tricks.

3 comments:

Papa John said...

That's my puppy!

Jenna Bunner said...

funny -- you didn't say "old" dogs. ha! way to go, mama-san! (Tae Kwon Do isn't Japanese, is it?)

Vicki said...

Love your blog--just found it. We're on FCW together. Keep writing! You're good!